Wednesday, February 08, 2006

This Just In...

Now University of Michigan Law School wants me. Among other things I like about the school, UMich does far and away the best job at recruiting of all the law schools I've had contact with. And not just because they sent me a snazzy new blue plastic binder to keep my admit materials in, either. But their admissions department has a sure marketing touch. What can I tell you, I'm a filmmaker, I appreciate production value.

(In case you were wondering, Columbia made by far the worst showing in the recruiting game. Well, except for Appalachian School of Law. But the letter I got from Columbia, inviting me to apply, bordered on insulting.)

Still to come, replies from the schools that really don't have to bother with recruiting, so they don't: I speak, of course, of Harvard, Yale, Stanford. Leave it to one of them to break my heart.

2 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger Filch said...

Exactly so. I love the letters from Michigan. Still waiting till all returns are in but I like them. Also I miss snow and ice. And frostbite. And slush.

Mmm... Berkeley or U Mich?

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger MT said...

I only know Berkeley. I like Berkeley. Therefore you should go to Berkeley. But is Boalt Berkeley? Boalt is Boalt. I don't know Boalt. Therefore, you should go to Berkeley, but you might do better to take your law classes at U Mich. Help you with anything else?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home