Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Magic, Indeed

Magic Cookie has posted her reading list for early 2006.

I say, Good God. Magic Cookie, you are my hero. I'm still trying to muster the energy to finish reading The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, and waiting for my wife to finish reading her Christmas present, Under the Banner of Heaven, so I can tackle it.

Girl wants to read Runaway Bunny about every night, but she only wants to skip to the page where the little bunny is sitting by the fireside in mommy bunny's lap. Then she points insistently at the little bunny and says "Baby!" over and over again; points at the mommy bunny and says "Mama" a few times, till she has elicited sufficiently enthusiasic agreement from me; then points at the picture on the bunnies' wall (the cow jumping over the moon), and when I say "Cow?" she says, in her satisfied way, "Yeah."

And then she closes the book; and then, more often than not, starts the whole process again.

So that's my reading list.

Oh, and I did just read Scott Turow's "One-L," which I found rather tediously self-involved. Nevertheless I finished it, so it must have been pretty good, right?

2 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger CM said...

It's probably easier to get through novels when you don't have anyone at home asking you to read Runaway Bunny.

I loved Kavalier and Clay. I liked One L, although Turow does enjoy the drama.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger divine angst said...

Kavalier and Clay was good, but I recall that it slowed down some. The ending wasn't as satisfying as the rest of the book, either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home