Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Oh, what the hell

I opened my email this afternoon to find a note from Harvard Law school. Yes, the Harvard Law School. So, what the hell, I decided to apply. Took me half an hour and $87, and when I was done I felt a strange sense of uplift, which neither the Yale nor the Stanford application had given me. "Yes," I felt, "yes, I am that person!"

What person, I have no idea. That person who pays through the nose for a prestige degree and a $200,000 loan load, I guess. Or the person who's ready take his place in a wiser world of bigger motorcars. Or the person who thinks maybe he can get in, why not?

2 Comments:

At 5:21 AM, Blogger CM said...

They sent you mail?

They never sent me mail.

Anyway, I like to think "that person" isn't that bad. (And the loans are the same as anywhere else.)

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Filch said...

Well, I figured, since someone went to all the trouble to set up a program that would take the LSDAS list, flag everyone with LSAT over 170 who hadn't already applied to Harvard by January, and send them a form email asking, essentially, why the hell not... that was close enough to personal for me.

Bet you were smart enough to apply to Harvard in the first place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home