Monday, October 02, 2006

Escape With Your Self-Image Intact

So (former) Representative Mark Foley just checked himself into a rehab clinic. Oh, turns out he's an alcoholic. Or anyway, it could be, though he's not quite sure. ''I strongly believe that I am an alcoholic and have accepted the need for immediate treatment for alcoholism and other behavioral problems," he said. (I don't think he really said that, I think he "released" it.)

"Other behavioral problems."

Foley's handlers, at least, are pretty smart. Cynical, but smart. (Is there a difference anymore, though, in politics?) Want to excuse your reprehensible behavior? Blame Bill Clinton... Oh, sorry, I mean, blame alcohol. Or drugs, or... you know, something outside yourself. The liberal media.

Speaking of which, that reminds me: here's a bit of what Fox News had to say on Saturday:
Rep. Mark Foley, R-Fla., who is single, apologized Friday for letting down his family and constituents.
Um... "single"? Delicately put.

4 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Blogger Butterflyfish said...

single is the new gay

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Filch said...

Single was the old gay. I thought gay was is the new gay. But if you're right, and single is the new gay, then what's gay?

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger buffalodawg said...

new gay, old gay, single = gay. All of that gets a bit confusing. "Gay" isn't really all that hard to spot.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Filch said...

I can't tell who's gay anymore. As the Quaker saying goes, "All the world is queer save me and thee, and sometimes I think thee a little queer." Of course, queer (which really is the new gay) was the old eccentric. Not to be confused with the old orbit of Pluto (the new dwarf planet, or whatever they've decided to call it).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home