Tuesday, June 20, 2006

So Much Time, So Little to Do

Wait...

Day 2 with no kids and no spouse, day 1 with no work. So today, all morning long, I got to sit at the kitchen table and write. Luxury!

I got up, made breakfast, read a book while I ate, then made a modest list of things I thought I might be able to accomplish today. I have learned from bitter experience that overloading a to-do list is fatal, so I set my sights low, as follows:
  1. go to bank
  2. copy keys
  3. return videos to library
  4. return videos to Blockbuster
  5. buy dinner
  6. buy crickets for Boy's lizard
I accomplished all of these things, and I got to ride my bike into the bargain. And I didn't get hit by a car, even though it was well into rush hour by the time I got home.

And there was an auxiliary list, in case I got bored and wanted to do something here at home:
  1. laundry
  2. bills and filling
  3. remove molly bolts and expansion anchors from walls and find (not even apply) patching compound
  4. figure out why Rita Mae Brown named a character after a type of wall anchor
I accomplished none of these things - well, I managed to pry one molly bolt from the wall - but still I am well pleased with myself.

Tomorrow I may or may not be called upon to go in to work, I still don't know. I still don't care. I plan on writing again in the morning. O bliss! O quiet! (except for the chirping of the crickets, as it will take the lizard about a week, I guess, to eat them all) O being able to put something down and have it still be there when next I look for it!

Next time: more about how much I miss SW and the kids. I do, really I do. But I never get to sit down and just write anymore. One of the reasons I'm so looking forward to starting law school.

1 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger MT said...

As I read that list I knew it was doomed from the gecko.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home