Thursday, March 30, 2006

... And the Student Was Enlightened

Boy was watching one of the behind-the-scenes features on his Scooby Doo DVD - mainly, I suspect, because SW was there and sick and tired of watching the cartoon over and over and over again - Boy hasn't been this obsessive about a video since Monsters, Inc. - anyway, he saw a bit where the voice actors were on an ADR stage recording their lines - and the realization hit him. Those actors were making the voices! And (I wasn't there, I was at work, darn the luck, but SW is a reliable witness) his jaw dropped. Yes, literally dropped.

I miss a lot.

2 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger MT said...

I would have titled this anecdote "Birth of Cynicism."

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Filch said...

Oh, pshaw. Wait till he learns about American policies in the Middle East, or tours a sausage factory. Or finds out Paddington the bear isn't real. That's when cynicism will be born.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home